If you’re here, then you’ve heard of Kodi. And if you’ve heard of Kodi, then you see a lot about Addons. We’ll get into some depth about what an addon is, how to install them and which ones are best to use.
Now that Kodi is installed on our Amazon FireTV and Firestick, what can we do with it? Kodi itself doesn’t do anything. When you open it up, it’s just a bunch of menus. This can be intimidating but don’t worry, we’re going to install some addons that will bring content to your Kodi for your viewing pleasure.
The Kodi add-ons have seen some upheaval lately. Most of the favorites like Covenant and Exodus are gone. If you have them on your box or stick, keep them on there. They should continue to work for quite some time before you notice a considerable drop off in links found.
Keep in mind, I don’t recommend using Kodi as your first source of content. That title goes to Terrarium or RedBoxTV. But if you’re dead set on having Kodi or SPMC set up, here are some addons for you:
In order to install addons, there are basic instructions to follow for all of them:
- From the home page in Kodi, click on the “gear” icon.
- Select “File Manager”
- From the left menu, select “add source”
- Select “<None>”
- Type in the url for that addon repository you wish you download
- Click “ok”
- Use the down button to get to “Enter a name for the media source” and click it (Enter a name you can remember)
- Back all the way out to the main screen and click on “addons”
- Move up to the icon that looks like an open box and click it
- Select “Install from zip file”
- Select the item that you just named
- Select the zip file that you would like to install (there might be more than one, so choose the one you need). By doing this, the repository with the addons will load.
- Go back to the icon that looks like an open box from the addons screen and click it
- Select “Install from repository”
- Select the repository you just installed
- Select “Video addons”
- Then select your addon (some repositories have more than one)
- Your addon will now appear on your Addon screen
As of today 12/5/2017 I only recommend 2 addons:
Besides the God awful name, this fork of Covenant/Exodus is the closest thing to the best thing. The developers are good and the scraper writer is one of the best. This addon is the one to have with or without Real Debrid.
How to Install:
Step 5 URL: http://repo.mrblamo.xyz
Step 12 Install from zip: repository.blamo
Step 14 Install from Repository: Placenta